Are you looking for a challenge? Do you have the urge to make something great while you connect with other Ravelry users around the world? Join your fellow crocheters and knitters in the Ravelympics 2008 group!
The Ravelympics (not to be confused with the Knitting Olympics, which take place every four years, just like any other Olympic sport, and will be orchestrated by the Yarn Harlot) are open to any knitter or crocheter on Ravelry ready to take on the challenge of completing a project (or projects) within 17 days during the 2008 Summer Olympics. The Ravelympics wasn't our idea - the group was founded by MisWartbobble, and the group's moderators, Kimberli, paksnarrion, Captain, knotbuilder, and ME215 have been doing an incredible job with organizing and motivating the group. Thanks to their enthusiasm, we have caught the Ravelympics fever, and are just as excited about Ravelympics as everyone else!
The Ravelympic Village is already huge (there are already over 3000 group members, with more joining each day!) and bustling with activity; if you are wondering where to get started, check out these handy links:
With the Master of Ceremonies, Adonis Dionysus Bobicus Maximus, presiding over the events, and Casey cooking up some special features (even more coming soon!) to connect all the participants, the 2008 Ravelympic Events are promising to be huge fun!
(Ravelympics banner by k2togkate, Bobicus Maximus art by octagonfudge. Thanks for letting us use the images for this post!)
- Start at the Ravelympics Overview page to get your bearings and find out more about the games.
- The Sign-ups instruction sticky tells you what you need to know to get started!
- Ravelympics Village HQ is the main link-directory to events, teams, and key threads in the Village. This is a good central spot to navigate the group when you don’t want to wade through pages and pages of threads on the main discussion board. :)
- In the Daily Updates thread, the moderators post each day with new and notable information and links to key threads.
- There are lots of teams to join already, but if you want to make a team with your Ravelry friends, the deadline for team creation is Sunday, July 27 (this Sunday)!